Tuesday, May 08, 2007

To Blog Or Not To Blog

I came across this post from Atrios, about why Matt blogs. Atrios was sorta worried about the way the regular media was covering politics, so he sorta jumped in to do his bit. Cool. Now Matt descends into the realm of the town scold, telling others how and what to expect when they blog.

Matt may be doing a huge service here, I have no way of knowing. Neither do I know if anyone is linking to my blog or why. I do not really care. Perhaps there are those who blog merely for traffic or recognition, and if they don't get it they require a tissue.

Fuck that. I'm a big picture sort of guy and do not go into "niche" blogging. In case anyone hasn't noticed, this is not a battle for the margins of Democracy, but a war for the very heart and soul of our country.

We now have over 300 million people in this country and the government of this nation is allegedly "of, by and for the people".

Conservatives, aka, Republicans do not represent the people. The role of Government, according to Republicans, is to provide a strong national defense, and maybe some roads and bridges.

The private sector should be left alone to prey on its victims without interference from the government.

Did you get that? That is what I call "big picture". In case you didn't get it, let me repeat myself:

The private sector should be left alone to prey on its victims without interference from the government.

However, progressives and non republican lite democrats (DLC) tend to view government as a mechanism to benefit the people of America--all Americans, even and especially minorities.

The reason most Americans do not have cholera is because we chlorinate our water. It is just as important to administer the commons in our homeland as it is to hunt terrorists abroad. We cannot turn over our commons like air and water to private companies for profit while republicans move to limit their liabilities in the judiciary.

Do you see how this works?

And now my cat is dead. The concern from this administration for national security fills my mouth with ashes when bin Laden is in the wind and these cocksuckers can't even protect my goddamm cat.

And when an entire city drowns the best they can do is call the victims stupid and lazy. Go ahead and vote for anyone with an R attached to their name. You are getting fucked in the ass without a reacharound you stupid sonofabitch.

And Matt, That's why I blog. I promise not to cry if you don't link to me, and I won't draw a pony for Atrios for one.

Hell, the only thing I draw is flies in the summertime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just stopped by when I read: "Oilfieldguy says:
May 11th, 2007 at 9:52 pm

Shit. My server crashed. Three people visited my blog at the same time and my hamster stroked out."

I'm still chuckling 'bout that.

Back to reading your recent posts; been a while since I stopped by from the lake..
I enjoy your work.
kj ^..^