Friday, January 27, 2006

Maiden Voyage

This is my first post on my very own Blog. I must admit, I am a little excited about this. As I don't know how to create a profile I'll just use my first entry to introduce myself. My name is Kelly Andrews and I currently work in the feild of transportation of oilfield equipment. A fancy way of saying oilfield trash truck driver. I am also a liberal which puts my political bent in the minority of the people I work with. Most of what I will publish here will have a political angle to it, and I don't feel the need to defend my liberal view anymore than to point out what the Republicans have done, are doing and will continue to do. I feel the need to add my voice to the sound and fury to help offset the Rightwing Noise Machine that has now completely taken over the MSM. I am a 46-year-old single white male with some college (journalism). I've written three one-act plays that have been performed, as well as several published articles, awards etc. So I do have some training and experience and the desire for the written word, but alas, life got in the way and I had to make some sacrifices for my family years ago. Now there's this "internets" thing so I plan on taking advantage of it.

First I would like to give props to those who, in my opinion, are really doing a great job of shining light on the questionable legality of the wingnuts illegal bribe taking and spying and stuff. Glenn Greenwald over at Unclaimed Territory apparently showed how George of the bungle managed to paint hisself into a corner. Great job. If I knew how to create a link I'd put one to his site. The Young Turks over at Sirius Radio, man that Cenk really is a hellfire and brimstone leftwing radio personality. Not that my name should be even metioned in the same day as many of these guys, but hopefully I'll have the chance to hone my craft in the public blogoshere. In the meantime, be nice and help me out--because I promise I'm really pretty good at this.

No comments: